PSCC Library Resources About iPad Use
Try the following books from the Pellissippi Community College Library. The first three are print books. Click on the links for information about them. The third is an electronic book, and you will only need to click on the link to access the book.
Apple Guided Tours Videos
iPads for Students
The Pellissippi State Community College Library, using TAF money, has purchased 11 iPad Wi-Fi tablet computers for student use only. There are five iPads at the main campus library and two at each site campus ERC. On a "first come, first serve" basis, students may checkout an iPad for a four-hour period while in the library. Initially, the iPads will be loaded with a variety of apps, and borrowers will not be able to add new apps. However, the library is requesting student and faculty input for adding more apps. See the feedback box to the right.
iPad Usage Policy
- Only currently enrolled students of Pellissippi State may borrow this equipment (exception: Students enrolled in the ETSU & TTU 2+2 Program who present a valid TALC card issued by TTU or ETSU may also borrow iPads.
- A Pellissippi State student I.D. card and a driver’s license (or other valid photo I.D.) must be presented when checking out an iPad. iPads will not be loaned without both forms of I.D.
- This equipment must be used on site. It may not be taken from the library at the Pellissippi Campus.
- The library assumes no responsibility for any loss of or damage to data resulting from the use of this equipment.
- iPads must be used in accordance with Pellissippi States computer policy: Pellissippi State Policy & Procedures Manual, Policy 08:13:05.
- Questions about how to use hardware or software will be referred to Rick Bower, ER 144b, 539-7106; Peter Nerzak, ER 125, 694-6517; or James Gill, Reference Desk, 539-7107. Students should report any need for maintenance of this equipment to the same.
- A student who checks out an iPad is responsible for returning all parts checked out, including cables and power cords, in good condition to the circulation desk or ERC service desk at extended campus locations.
- iPads should be returned to a Circulation desk assistant. Do not leave them unattended on the Circulation desk or in a book drop.
Four new features in the iOS 5 for iPad from CNet
Learn how to use new gestures and other features of the new iOS 5 on the iPad.
Office: ER 144-B